Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW)
This Level 3 Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) course is for those who wish to become a First Aider in the workplace for the purposes of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981. This course covers primary care skills, and so is ideal for most businesses whose risk assessment has identified that there is no requirement for a fully trained First Aider for their workplace.
If you require a fully comprehensive course, or work in a high risk setting then our 3 day First Aid at Work course may be better suited.
- Initial Care
- First Aid at Work Regulation's & Rules
- Fears of First Aid
- Initial Assessment
- Unconscious breathing and recovery position
- Cardiac problems
- The Heart
- Cardiac Arrest
- Heart attacks and CPR
- One rescuer CPR
- Chest only compressions
- CPR Handover to a second rescuer
- Adult choking, conscious unconscious
- Serious bleeding management & wounds
- Spinal Injury management
- Burns and Scalds
- Anaphylactic shock and allergies
- ProTrainings Emergency First Aid at Work Level 3 Certificate, valid for 3 years.
- Certificates are trade body recognised, meet the new guidelines set out by the HSE in October 2013 and meet the requirements of the First Aid at Work (First Aid) regulations 1981
- The content of this course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines
- This course comes with a Certified CPD Statement for 6 Hours.