Blended Paediatric First Aid
This course is an alternative to the 2 days in the classroom for childminders and carers who need to complete a Paediatric First Aid Course to comply with the requirements of Ofsted, EYFS and SureStart.
Our blended course offers a video based online course that is completed in your own time, before attending a full day in the classroom with an instructor to complete the practical part of the course. ProTrainings Paediatric courses are approved by most councils across the UK.
This course offers an excellent alternative for those who are simply unable to spare the time to attend 2 days in a classroom only course. When you have successfully completed both the online and classroom modules, you will be issued a ProTrainings wall certificate and wallet card.
Please use our register interest button, as this course requires a minimum of 4 candidates to run, thank you.
- Role of first aider
- Planning for First Aid Emergencies.
- Dealing with emergencies.
- Activating the emergency services and identifying the need to call the EMS.
- First Aid kits and accident reporting.
- Unconscious but breathing (Recovery Position).
- Resuscitation Procedures Appropriate to the Age of the Children being cared for.
- Adult, Infant and Child CPR.
- Choking and becoming unconscious after choking.
- Recognising and Responding Appropriately to:
- Spinal Injury.
- Injury and Illness assessment.
- Anaphylactic Shock.
- Electric Shock.
- Serious Bleeding and minor bleeding.
- Nose bleeds.
- Foreign Objects in the body.
- Burns and Scalds.
- Suspected Fractures.
- Head, Neck and Back Injuries.
- Cases of Poisoning.
- Foreign Bodies in Eyes and Noses.
- Eye Injuries.
- Bites and Stings.
- Effects of Extreme Heat and Cold.
- Febrile Convulsions.
- Emergency Needs of Children with Chronic Medical Conditions:
- Sickle Cell Anaemia.
Part 1 - Completed online
Part 2 - 1 day (with instructor)
Part 1 - Please use our Online Courses link
Part 2 - £59 (payment to instructor)
- ProTrainings Paediatric First Aid Level 3 Certificate, valid for 3 years.
- This certificate is trade body recognised, meets and exceeds the requirements laid down by Ofsted, EYFS and SureStart.
- The content of this course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines
- This course comes with a Certified CPD Statement for 12 Hours.